XX IAMM TAPC CHAPTER ANNUAL STATE CONFERENCE - 2017
RANGARAYA MEDICAL COLLEGE, KAKINADA
21ST-22ND JANUARY 2017
MINUTES OF THE GENERAL BODY MEETING HELD AT 5.30 PM ON 21ST JANUARY 2017
The agenda and points discussed in Genera body meeting were as follows : :
1. Decision regarding next conference (2018) : Dr. P. Sreenivasulu Reddy, Professor and Head of Narayana Medical College, Nellore proposed that he will conduct the XXI IAMM TAPC Chapter Annual Conference in 2018 at Narayana Medical College, Nellore. The proposal was accepted by the general body. The dates will be decided later after the announcement of examination calendar of the university.
2. Treasurer’s report : Dr. Kasturi P., Treasurer of IAMM TAPC Chapter presented the Treasurer’s report. The general body approved it.
3. Memberships and membership fees : The general body at length discussed various aspects and arrived at the following decisions :
a. The life membership fees will be enhanced to Rs 1500/- from Rs. 1000/- w.e.f. 1st March 2017
b. Annual memberships will no longer be permitted.
c. All the postgraduates are required to take 3-year PG membership (no change in the fee of Rs. 500/-) that is valid for 3 years.
d. All senior residents are eligible to take a life membership.
e. All those who are applying for life membership are recommended to take the National IAMM Membership also. That is also a prerequisite for participating in some of the competitions (refer to guidelines).
4. Dr. Ranganathan Iyer proposed institution of presidential oration in the state conference too. The general body accepted it and it is decided to allot a slot of 40 minutes (35 min actual talk + 5 min introduction) on the first day of the conference after inaugural ceremony. Organising committee will bear the TA and DA for the same.
5. Dr Iyer also proposed conduction of midterm CME : the general body declined the proposal as there were already several zonal CMEs going on in different parts of the state and it is mandatory for the postgraduates to attend those CMEs.
6. Electing the executive body : Dr. K.R.L.Suryakirani will be the President of IAMM TAPC Chapter and taken over the charge from Dr. Vasanti Kabra. The other members of the executive body will be elected during the general body meeting to be held in 2018 at Narayana Medical College, Nellore. An announcement will be released to that effect in October 2017.
7. Donations for the prizes : many of the existing prizes have fixed deposits and interest generated on them is being utilized for giving the awards. However, some awards are being brought by the donors themselves at the time of conference. Dr. K.R.L.Suryakirani madam announced that she will deposit the amount for the prizes already instituted by her. It is decided to write a letter to the other donors too to deposit the amount at the earliest as a fixed deposit with the IAMM TAPC Chapter. For institution of any new prizes, the tariffs are already fixed in an earlier general body meeting at vizag (cash prizes = minimum deposit of Rs. 50,000/- and medal = Rs. 1,00,000/-).
8. Using National body PAN number : Dr. Prasanthi, vice-president mentioned that, in the general body meeting at the national conference (Chandigarh), a subcommittee has been constituted to amend the IAMM constitution regarding use of PAN Cards, life membership, or any other issue related to the account affiliations. The point is noted by the general body.
9. PG Examination and curriculum : many members recommended that PG practical examination may be shortened for two days, yet to cover the important aspects of practical microbiology. Members felt that it is better to switch over to the practical aspects that are of immediate relevance in the present day context of diagnostic microbiology. A message to highlight similar problem was circulated on the website few years back and a two day schedule designed by Dr. P. Sreenivasulu Reddy, HOD of Narayana Medical College is also available on the website. We will revive it and recirculate seeking the advice of all the heads of the departments and a consolidated opinion of the members can be transmitted to the university for approval. Some also pointed out the issue that the PGs are to be given peripheral postings as per the existing guidelines to increase clinical exposure.
10. Incorporation of medical education concept into the annual conference : Good discussion took place about how to incorporate the topics of medical education into the discussions or deliberations at the conference. But a consensus has not reached. It needs further discussion through online/whatsapp or emails for forming a final opinion.