The New Executive Body of IAMM AP Chapter : CLICK HERE
- President : Dr. G.Krishna Murty
- Vice President : Dr. K.Vishnu Vardhan Rao
Please click here for complete details of the executive body.
There will be meeting of all the executive members is planned to be held at the Chambers of the President Dr. G.Krishna Murty, Professor and Head, Dep. Of Microbiology, Guntur Medical College, Guntur. The initially proposed date (March second saturday) is postponed as we are expecting more response and active feed back from the members regarding the following points that are planned to be discussed.
The things planned to be discussed are :
1. Registration of the Association
2. The PG Memberships :
- The existing rate of the PG 3-year membership is Rs. 500-00. But, several PGs are taking only the annual membership, before presenting papers in the state conference. It is desirable to make the PG-3 year membership compulsary for all the PGs joined from this academic year and heads of the department fo microbiology in various colleges have to take the responsibility of collecting the amount from the newly joined pgs and sending the same to the treasurer . The annual membership may be totally avoided for PGs and can be limited to those who finished MD and not yet taken life membership or the MSc postgraduates who did not get the eligibility for life membership as per the National guidelines.
3. The Name of the Department :
- The Name of the department may be changed to “The Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases” , with more momentum towards the clinical microbiology. Once we get opinions and feedback from the members, the proposals will be presented to the govt authorities and national body.
Please mail your valuable suggestions and opinions as soon as possible, preferably by the end of March First week, so that it helps a lot in organizing the ideas.
Added on 10th March 2011 :
The suggestions we received so far (till 10th March, 2011) regarding the name of the dept :
1. Department of Clinical Microbiology
2. Department of Infectious Medicine
3. Department of Infectious Diseases
Please give your feedback.
Update : 10th March 2011
The meeting of the executive body is planned on : 9th April, 2011