The results of the PG Write up competition :
A total of 35 write-ups received for 6 topics. Majority of submissions are from Osmania Medical College and Rangaraya Medical College. And Majority of write ups are received for the topics : “Biomedical Waste Management- New Guidelines” and “Device Related Infections” . All the write-ups were coded. For each topic, the write ups were sent to two judges and the average marks were taken as final. The coded write-ups were evaluated by the following senior faculty as judges.
- Dr. P.Sreenivasulu Reddy, Professor and Head of Microbiology, Narayana Medical College, Nellore
- Dr. K.Saileela, Professor of Microbiology, Katuri Medical College, Vijayawada
- Dr. B.Anuradha, Professor and Head of Microbiology, Mamatha Medical College, Khammam
- Dr. K. Prasanthi, Assoc. Professor of Microbiology, Guntur Medical College, Guntur
- Dr. Md. Khaleel, Professor of Microbiology, Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
I humbly thank and grateful to these judges for their time and efforts in helping out for this endeavor.The following write-ups got best total marks and selected for publication in the annual news bulletin.
- Adult Vaccines : Dr.P.V.Prathyusha, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Antibiotic Stewardship : Dr. V. Suvarna, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Device Related Infections : Dr. K.Abhilasha, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Biomedical Waste Management : New Guildelines : Dr. S.Radha, Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Occupational Exposure To Blood Borne Viruses And Strategies To Reduce The Risk To Health Care Workers : Dr. G.Mahitha , Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Urine Antigen Detection Tests _ Dr. K.Sneha JIgisha, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
Note : An important observation by the judges is that, the postgraduates, instead of refining their skills of preparing and organizing write-up, they are using çopy-paste system from internet or wikipedia. I request PGs to please keep this in mind and try to improve the writing skills, so that the primary purpose of this competition would be served.